Maybe you have read my sudden craze on Abaya. My first entry on Abaya was in February this year. Since then i have bought 9 Abaya altogether. And officially, i’ve been wearing abaya more or less like 5 months already.
So why Abaya?
Again, you may ask.
It started when the husband suggested that i bought a robe (bath robe) to be used when i wanted to bring in the washing if it rains. But robe? How unfashionable is that?
Thus Abaya came into picture. I bought my first Abaya in Little Dubai. Then, the husband bought me another one. And i acquired another one, and another one, and another 4.😛
There are few good changes since i started wearing abaya.
1.I’ve never been without hijab when i am out of the house.
2. And never been without it too when i am in the house whenever non-muhrim relatives come to the house. It has always been hard before because these people have seen your hair and your skin. I managed to do that now.
3. Easier to nursing Sawda. Breastfeeding with Abaya is so easy and simple. I don’t need nursing shirt anymore. Bare areas can be covered, without extra nursing cover or anything like that.
4. I can still wear whatever i like inside. Jeans, sweat pants, palazzo, skirt, anything. I can even wear my Blogger Baby-T that i could not wear outside the house before. Abaya is a long dress, or an overcoat you may say, that covers your curves and it fits the command to display the beauty only to the husband.
5. The length of my tudung gets better. Now I always ensure that the tudung which i wear must covers my hair, ears, neck, and upper chest.
6. The need to wear the socks. Because it feels incomplete covering your aurat without wearing a socks. Still have yet to practice this, but i see it coming.
7. And there’s an urge to watch my words, my action. I am no saint. My tongue slips a lot. And i do curse. But i don’t find it is suitable to curse in Abaya. While the fact is that it is never suit a muslim to curse at all times.
I guess, it all comes naturally. Bit by bit, i can feel the changes. And the changes are all to the better.
Quran and Sunnah command hijab. And Quran is the verses of Allah. And that’s what i want to do.
I just hope that i’ll stay istiqamah, insya Allah.